All interested participants ( brass and percussionists) must audition to be placed into one of the three bands in the Hannaford Youth Program. Membership dues will be as follows:
- Youth Band: $450
- Community Band: $400
- Junior Band: $350
If you wish to complete your application by mail, download, fill in and mail completed MAIL application below along with $25 audition fee (payable by cheque or Visa/MC) to:
Hannaford Youth Program
1412 Stationmaster Lane
You will be notified by telephone or email of your audition time.
If you wish to apply ONLINE please click the button belowHYP-2017-2018-APPLY ONLINE
- Two short contrasting solo pieces/studies, max. length 2-3 minutes, demonstrating range, technique, and general musicianship (accompanist not required).
- Scales and sight reading may be asked.
- Trumpet players may audition on trumpet with the understanding that they will be required to play cornet.
- French Horn players may audition on French Horn with the understanding that they will be required to play Eb Tenor Horn.
- Percussionists: Snare drum, xylophone, glockenspiel and drum-set will be available. Please prepare something for snare drum (solo / study) and if possible something for mallets and drum-set. Sight-reading may be asked.
All instruments (including trombone, euphonium and tubas) will be required to read treble clef (don’t worry… you can learn!)